Pack in the nutrients with smoky beans and baked eggs. Great for a veggie family lunch or supper, serve with flatbreads or toast for extra sustenance
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 x 400g cans black or pinto beans, drained
- 4-6 eggs, depending on how hungry you are (adults may want 2 eggs each)
- handful of coriander, leaves picked
- Heat the oil in a wide, shallow pan and cook the onion for 8-10 mins until softened. Add the pepper and cook for another 5 mins, stirring regularly, until softened. Stir in the garlic, paprika and ketchup, then tip in the tomatoes, cover and leave to simmer gently for 10 mins. Remove the lid and cook for a few more minutes to thicken, then add the beans. Can be cooled and frozen in portions at this stage.
- Use a spoon to make 4-6 spaces in the mixture for the eggs – you should be able to see some of the bottom of the pan. Crack the eggs one by one into a cup or bowl and gently drop one into each hole. Cover the pan and reduce the heat to low. Cook for 3-5 mins until the egg whites are cooked through but the yolks are still runny. Scatter over the coriander to serve.
You can read Full Here: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/smoky-beans-baked-eggs