A hearty version of chicken tortilla soup made in the Instant Pot®. Top soup with avocado, pepper Jack cheese, fresh cilantro, sour cream, crumbled tortilla chips, and hot sauce. This is great for freezing!
Decrease Serving8Increase ServingAdjustOriginal recipe yields 8 servingsIngredient Checklist
- 2 medium (blank)s zucchini, chopped, or to taste
- 4 eaches shallots, chopped
- 2 large (5″ long)s poblano peppers, seeded and chopped, or more to taste
- 2 medium (blank)s carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 4 large bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 eaches bay leaves, or more to taste
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 lime, juiced
Add All Ingredients To Shopping List
Oops! We cannot find any ingredients on sale near you. Do we have the correct zip code? UPDATEor use the browser toFind Me
- Step 1Place zucchini, shallots, poblano peppers, and carrots in a multi-cooker (such as Instant Pot®). Add cumin, salt, chili powder, oregano, and cayenne pepper; stir well to combine. Add oil. Turn on cooker and select Saute function. Cook and stir until just slightly softened, about 5 minutes. Pour in tomatoes. Nestle chicken thighs into the mixture. Add stock and bay leaves.
- Step 2Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer’s instructions; set timer for 15 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Step 3Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer’s instructions, 10 to 40 minutes. Unlock and remove lid. Transfer chicken thighs to a plate and remove skin, bones, and any cartilage. Shred into bite-sized pieces. Add shredded chicken back to the pot. Stir in black beans and lime juice.
I Made It Print
You can use an onion in place of the shallots.
You can use olive or avocado oil in place of the grapeseed oil.
If using frozen chicken thighs, set cook time to 20 minutes.
Per Serving:243.7 calories; protein 20.3g 41% DV; carbohydrates 21.8g 7% DV; fat 8.8g 14% DV; cholesterol 53mg 18% DV; sodium 1169.9mg 47% DV
You can read Full Here: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/260515/instant-pot-chicken-tortilla-soup/