Preparation time 20mCooking time 1h 15m
For 5 Person(s)
- 1 pound(s) chicken
- 1/4 cup(s) Grace White Cane Vinegar
- 14 cup(s) water
- 1 pound(s) pumpkin
- 1 medium carrot
- 2 clove(s) garlic
- 1 1/2 cup(s) counter flour
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 medium Irish potatoes
- 1 pound(s) yellow yam
- 1 packet(s) Grace Cock Soup Mix
- 1 stalk(s) escallion
- 1 sprig(s) thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 6 whole pimento berries
- 1 whole scotch bonnet pepper
Easy Homemade Chicken Soup Directions
- Clean and wash chicken in a vinegar and water solution (using 4 cups of water).
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces, peel and dice pumpkin and carrot, crush garlic.
- Pour water in a pot and put to boil. Add chicken, pumpkin, carrot and garlic, cook for about 40 minutes.
- Combine flour, salt and water, mix well and knead to make a smooth dough, cover and set aside.
- Peel Irish potatoes and yellow yam, cut in bite size pieces and add to the boiling soup.
- Divide dough into six pieces, use to make spinners, add to the soup.
- Add Grace Cock Soup Mix and stir into the soup along with the escallion, thyme, salt, pimento berries and scotch bonnet pepper.
- Stir the mixture, cover and leave to simmer for a further 15 minutes.
You can read Full Here: https://gracefoods.com/recipe-a-z/recipe/4960-easy-homemade-chicken-soup