Preparation time 10mCooking time 20m
For 5 Person(s)
- 8 cup(s) water
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3 pound(s) sweet potatoes
- 2 cup(s) orange juice
- 2 tablespoon(s) dark sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) Grace Prima Margarine
- 1 teaspoon(s) orange rind
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cinnamon powder
- 1/4 cup(s) raisins
- 1/2 cup(s) pineapple, diced (optional)
- 4 whole orange slices
Candied Sweet Potatoes Directions
- Put water to boil in a saucepot and add salt to taste.
- Peel then cut the potatoes into slices or into large dice and add to the boiling water. Boil for about 8 minutes then drain and set aside.
- Put orange juice to boil in a separate saucepot. Add the sugar, margarine, orange rind, cinnamon powder and raisins and simmer until the mixture becomes syrupy.
- Fold in the sweet potato and the diced pineapple, if used.
- Spoon the mixture into a lightly greased casserole top with orange slices.
- Place in a preheated oven 180°C (350°F) and bake for 10 minutes.
You can read Full Here: https://gracefoods.com/recipe-a-z/recipe/1694-candied-sweet-potatoes