Decrease Serving6Increase ServingAdjustOriginal recipe yields 6 servingsIngredient Checklist
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 2 small skinless, boneless chicken breasts, halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 large jarred roasted red bell peppers, chopped
- ¾ cup dry Cabernet Sauvignon
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 ½ teaspoons red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
Add All Ingredients To Shopping List
Oops! We cannot find any ingredients on sale near you. Do we have the correct zip code? UPDATEor use the browser toFind Me
- Step 1Dredge chicken thighs and breasts with salt, pepper, and flour.
- Step 2Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®) and select Saute function. Heat 1/2 the olive oil. Add chicken and cook until browned on both sides, flipping halfway using tongs, about 10 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Step 3Heat remaining olive oil in the pot. Saute celery and onion until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add garlic; stir in mushrooms, green bell pepper, diced red bell pepper, and roasted red pepper. Saute until fragrant, about 1 minute more.
- Step 4Return chicken to pot. Add Cabernet Sauvignon, tomato paste, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, onion powder, bouillon, and Italian seasoning. Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer’s instructions; set timer for 11 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Step 5Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer’s instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove lid.
I Made It Print
Use all organic/free range ingredients if you can.
Flour can be substituted for the cornstarch.
Per Serving:278.6 calories; protein 22.6g 45% DV; carbohydrates 13.1g 4% DV; fat 12.9g 20% DV; cholesterol 62.1mg 21% DV; sodium 1283mg 51% DV.
You can read Full Here: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/260109/instant-pot-chicken-cacciatore/