Preparation time 10mCooking time 2h 30m
For 1 Person(s)
- 1 1/2 pound(s) corned pork
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Grace Caribbean Traditions Black Pepper
- 6 cup(s) water
- 2 dozen(s) ackees
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 cup(s) Grace Vegetable Oil
- 1 large onion,chopped
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large sweet pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) scotch bonnet pepper, deseed, chopped
Ackee and Corned Pork # 1 Directions
- Wash corned pork and cut into bite-size pieces. Place into a pot, cover with tap water and put to boil for about 1-2 hours.Drain, add tap water and set aside.
- Clean and wash ackee and set aside. Bring water to boil add salt and ackee.
- Heat a large frying pan, drain pork and place into the hot frying pan. Fry for about 15-20 minutes or until the pork becomes crisp and brown in colour.
- Mix in the garlic, onion, scotch bonnet pepper, escallion, tomatoes and sweet pepper.
- Fold in the boiled and drained ackees and sprinkle with black pepper, leave to heat through for 3 minutes.
You can read Full Here: https://gracefoods.com/recipe-a-z/recipe/4623-ackee-and-corned-pork